- 19 July 2021
- Written by Shawna
Stay vigilant- a message from the Pukekohe Police team
The Pukekohe CBD has recently been experiencing an increase in property damage and burglary at random businesses on King Street Pukekohe. These businesses are being targeted for basically cash only and little interest is being given to shop products. All premises so far have been targeted from back entry/service lanes and entry is generally being made through small access windows, if they haven’t been able to gain entry the damage caused is costing you all time and money.
In an attempt to curb this crime from occurring could we ask local businesses to follow a few simple steps:
- Clear storage/rubbish or anything used to climb from areas at the rear of your stores.
- Install security lighting and or cameras at the rear of your properties.(Speak to the staff at PBA regarding the subsidies available)
- Security screens over rear windows or install break glass alarms
- Remove all cash/tills from your premises or at the minimum secure them completely out of sight.
- Install “no cash held on premises” signs in clear view.
- If your cash register can be seen from outside the store leave it clearly open at the end of the day so that anyone looking in can see there is no cash till present.
- Please report any suspicious behaviour in your store, particularly anyone taking notice of store layout.
As always we are interested in your feedback or concerns. Please contact one of your community policing teams if you need any further advice and keep the information flowing to us. Keep safe and have a great weekend
Nga mihi nui
Communities Sergeant South, Tamaki Makaurau ki te tonga
New Zealand Police | 37 Manukau Road, Pukekohe | P O Box 10 | Pukekohe | Franklin
DDI: 09 947 9149 Extn 91615 | * Email:email@example.com |