Excellence in Manufacturing
This award recognises excellence in manufacturing, engineering or the use of high-tech in the manufacturing sector. Manufacturing Excellence is the continuous improvement of your operations to reduce waste, increase production profitability, and gain a winning edge with quality and safety innovation.
Here are some basic examples of manufacturing in business:
- Assembly line manufacturing: A process where products are manufactured using a series of steps, with each worker performing a specific task in the production process.
- Custom manufacturing: Manufacturing products to meet the unique specifications and requirements of individual customers.
- Just-in-time manufacturing: A manufacturing process where products are produced only when they are needed, reducing waste and improving efficiency.
- Lean manufacturing: A manufacturing philosophy that focuses on eliminating waste and maximizing efficiency.
- Mass production: Manufacturing products in large quantities, typically using automated processes and standardized production techniques.
Manufacturing plays a crucial role in many industries, and efficient and effective manufacturing processes can help businesses reduce costs, improve quality, and increase competitiveness.
All submissions are completed online and comprise of a set of 4 -5 questions relating to the specific category. Submissions open on 6 April and close on 1 June.
Enter your business here!
If you're nodding your head or thinking "Yeah, we do that", then you should enter into the Excellence in Manufacturing category in the 2023 Pukekohe Business Excellence Awards!