- 18 August 2021
- Written by Shawna
COVID-19 Business Support
With the impacts of Coronavirus being felt by businesses all over the country, we want to make sure all businesses have access to the right information. We've collated the top resources on this page and will be updating it as new information is available.
Because of COVID-19, financial pressure will be a reality for many. Help is available if you are experiencing financial distress. Click HERE to take a simple questionnaire to help find what support is available to you.
The Wage Subsidy Scheme is open for applications for two weeks from 9.00 am, Friday 20 August 2021. Please note:
- The subsidy is for two weeks, and the payment rate is $600 a week (full time) and $359.00 a week (part-time).
- To ensure applications get processed as quickly as possible, it’s important the information provided matches what is held by Inland Revenue
- IR number, company name, bank account;
- employee details including name and IR number.
- Applicants should check they’re applying for the correct payment. Some businesses apply for the Leave Support Scheme or the Short Term Absence Payment when they are meant to apply for the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021. (Businesses can only receive one of these three COVID-19 payments for the same employee at the same time.)
The Leave Support Scheme provides a two-week lump sum payment of either $585.80 per week for full-time workers or $350 per week for part-time workers, who must self-isolate and cannot work from home.
The Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP) provides a one-off (once per 30 days) $350 payment for workers who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home.
The Resurgence Support Payment is available if firms incur a loss of 30 per cent of revenue as a result of the alert level increase. The RSP is worth up to $1500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent employee, up to a maximum of 50 full-time employees (so up to a total of $21,500).
Here are some other links to information regarding COVID-19 financial support:
- Overview of support available at different alert levels
- COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment
- COVID-19 Short-term Absence Payment
- COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme
Doing business at alert level 4
It's been a while since we were in level 4, so here is a handy reminder of how to operate during the different alert levels. Please email email@example.com if your business is operating at Level 3 or 4.
- Doing business at alert level 4
- Doing business at alert level 3
- Doing business at alert level 2
- Doing business at alert level 1
Business helpline and resources
If you have an enquiry about the Alert Level 4 rules or if you are unsure if you can operate, you can call 0800 424 946 for advice.